Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Now this is strange!

DJMozilla - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am

Long story short I wear contacts and I'm -2. 0 in my left eye and -2. 5 in my right eye, Well this morning I wake up and I can see perfectly in my right eye with no contact in, My left eye is the same and need my contact in to see anything. Has anyone ever heard of this before?Should I go and see my optometrist?

I'm 33 yrs old btw

DJMozilla - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:08 am

I would also like to add that this happened over night and it wasn't a gradual change...One minute I'm blind as a bat next minute I have 20/20 but in only one eye.
kathokatho - Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:10 am

you may have slept in a position that compressed that eye in some way, therefore temp changing the shape of the eye. Odds are that your vision will go back to the way it was. Also, I had an uncle who had a strange syndrome where his eyes were constantly changing shape....flat to oblong....for a period of months to a year...he would be nearsited....then his vision would normalize....then revert to farsited. He goes through a lot of glasses. Best to ask your eye doctor.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.