Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: Centrum (Performance)

elias - Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:33 am

I am 21 and I started to take centrum performance every morning. I get Headaches all the time. So I stopped taking them and now I don't get Headaches. Am I trippin?
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:31 am

Well I don't think they are the cause of your Headache, but at 21 I also do not think you need centrum to increase your performance. Just eat healthy food and you'll be fine. Centrum supplies you with vitamins which makes it useful if you have a vitamin deficiency. If you don't then all the essential vitamins can easily come from healthy food. Again, if you do not have a vitamin deficiency they will not affect your performance.
masternipper - Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:36 pm

Question; I am 24 years old and in good shape. I exercise regularly on weekdays and I work a 9-6 job. Since the past year, I have had trouble sleeping on some nights. Typically I only have trouble sleeping on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night. I work out every day during lunch. Also, I typically wake up at very close to the same time every night and I wake up several times throughout the night. I also only take the Centrum Performance with Gingko Boloba and Ginseng on weekdays (right after I workout). I believe that I started taking it regularly a few months ago.

I am curious as to if this Centrum Performance is causing my problems with sleeping--are there any known causes of this or interactions with Ginseng Root or any other ingredients in this Centrum Performance---although I take the vitamin around 1pm? Could this be cause me to wake up in the middle of the night--I typically don't have trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep is a problem and have good prolonged sleep is a problem. Please help!!!!
RexKwonDo - Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:28 am

Does Centrum Performance have caffine in it? The label doesn't say so, but you know labels. Some labels don't list all of the ingredients. Is giingsing like caffeine which can cause Acne?

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.