doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: please help me !!!!!!

jaime4297 - Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi, for the past week now I have been having this clicking / popping noise / feling on the right side of my throat when I swallow. It is really scaring me. Last week I had a sore throat the doctor gave me medicine (amox) and it the soreness cleared up for the most part exceot for the morning but I think that is more PND. anyway I also went to my ENT and he did an endo scope (look down the throat through the nose) and he said he did not see anything.
I am really concerned. it is very annoying. I don't really think it is causing any other symptoms, although I do sometimes feel as though my salvia (not food) does not go down all the ay on that one side.
I read something on here about the hyroid bone (is that right??) could there be a tumor on that bone? Please help any info would be really appreciated.
Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:40 pm

Hello:
The clicking when you swallow can be a symptom of problems with the Eustachian tubes of your ears and when this occurs it can result in tinnitus. I would recommend having your ears checked.
Kind regards,
Carolyn
eferrell - Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:51 am

I would get checked for problems with your tjemporomandibular joint, like TMJ. I have this and my jaw clicks and pops all the time. I haven't gotten treatment and sometimes it hurts to swallow or my food goes down the wrong tube, but I don't have insurance. The nurse told me I could get a -- I forget the word -- well, it's a disk that you wear in your mouth at night to help relieve the pressure and pain of TMJ. She said it costs about $25 or you can go to an ENT specialist and get one custom-made for about $300.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.