Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

mhaelal - Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:20 am

Few days ago I start having very sweet taste in my mouth. I don't feel sick or anything. I am 112pounds, 5'3'',exercise, eat1200calorie and drink 64 onces water a day. The only think I did, I was taking few days ago couple celebrex pills for my right arm pain. Also I like to mention that for a month I was having 6to 8 cloves of garlic with every dinner meal. Can any of those things be the problem?Please let me know what to do. I am concern. Thank you.
Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi mhaelal,
Celebrex nor garlic probably should not leave a sweet taste in your mouth. With the absence of any infection, do you have a fruity breath odor? Have you had any excessive thirst or frequent urination? Some of these symptoms may be a sign of Diabetes. In my opinion an endocrine or metabolic disorder is one of the first things I would consider with the above symptoms in the absence of any infection etc.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.