Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: best stethoscopes with suitable price

dr_shadow - Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:29 am

hi I'm a medical student and I'm going to buy a new stethoscope for the physiology lab
I don't know much about the prices and types so I need a good type of stethoscope for me would u prefer littman or which one do u recommend (Please don't include the electronic stethoscope ... ican't afford its price :-) )
Dean M. Mitchell - Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:49 pm

Dear dr_shadow,

this is a medical forum and we are here to answer urgent medical questions, I suggest that you turn somewhere else to not take up our precious time.
angelseakr - Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:32 pm

Dear Dr Shadow, I have used Littman for years and have found it is worth your while to spend the extra money to get the top of the line. I currently use Littman Cardiology and I hear so much better. Hope this helps and good luck with your studies.
dr_shadow - Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:46 pm

dear angelseakr I'm so gratefull for your advice and I'll searsh for littman cardiology scope
Thanks again
best regards
Web-Medic - Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:41 am

I really like the Littman on the ambulance. It's hard to hear anything with the sirens going, the patient moaning or crying, people talking and the road noise rumbling through the floor but the Littman would come through for me. Nice lung sounds, good heart tones, good B/P's, I could hear wonderfully well when the place was quiet. Littman is my choice too. Only one problem I found with them, they grow legs real fast. You will need to figure out a way to mark it so it won't be taken. Keep your eyes open, you'll see interesting ways people have thought up to mark their "ears".

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.