doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: bad taste in mouth

rc_woods - Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:44 pm

Hi. For about the past week, off and on I have noticed an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Sometimes it appears more when I swallow, but normally I just notice it whenever. I've tried brushing my tongue, mouthwash, and of course brushing my teeth but nothing has gotten rid of it COMPLETELY. It does seem to have lessened the past 2 days. Is it some type of infection perhaps? I'd like any possible help.
Thanks!
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:02 pm

Dear rc_woods,
Does this bad taste bare any relation to your wisdom tooth extraction? If not then it could be an infection. The infection doesnt have to be in the mouth, it could also be in the gut or in the nose. It could be psychological. Taste is a complex sense that is composed of many elements (taste buds, smell, mental interpretation). Do you have any other complaints?
concernedpatient - Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:55 am

I am also getting that same bad taste. It taste really bad. Its not a bitter taste, its more like a "I've been eating pig intestines" kind of taste. I don't know what could be the matter.
Aaron - Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:05 am

I've had a nasty taste in the back of my mouth for a few days now, and it's nasty as can be. It tastes like the rotten skin that was around my molar when I had it removed. I brush my teeth on a regular basis, and the taste comes from the back of my throat. What could this be, and how can I get rid of it? please help.
missems01 - Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:28 pm

I had just got my wisdom teeth out about a week ago. Now I am having this gross taste that I have never tasted before. It comes and it goes. I called my oral surgeon and he said that it is were food is getting stuck in the holes left from the surgery. To solve this he said to take a syringe, put warm salt water in it and flush out the holes in the back of the mouth. I havent tried yet. Maybe this would work for others too

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.