doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Thinking of attending Medical School in Egypt

Dania630 - Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:06 am

I was browsing through this website and saw that many of the contributors are doctors from Egypt, so I hope someone will be able to help me out with this. I just finished my second year of medical school at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland (second year consisting of anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, etc) and am thinking of transfering to The Cairo University Medical School ( Kasr al Ainy). Firstly, I can hardly obtain any information on their site, so I don't even know if they except transfers, but if anyone knows of someone I could contact there-I would greatly appreciate it. Secondly, I am a U. S. citizen and am thinking of returning to the US for residency, so does anyone know if such a transfer to Egypt would be detrimental to my future? Lastly, I would really just like any advice on this matter, so if I could talk with anyone privately through email, that would also be helpful.
My real motivation in the move is that I am of arab origin, and so being in an arab country would be much preferable to me.
thank you for your time,
Dania
Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:41 am

Dear Dania,
1- Yes you can transfere to finish your medical school in cairo university, however they have to check for the courses you have finished. You must pass all the exams for the first 2 years courses before starting 3rd year. So, if any courses left not studied, you have to do study them and to pass their exams in cairo university. But I really do not know how they organize this.
2- such a transfer to Egypt would not be detrimental to your future future, However to do postgraduate studies in USA you have to to pass USMLE exams which can be done also in egypt at anytime starting from your first year of transfere.
3- Who to contact , I think by emails is more or less unsuscessfull, the best way to do this is to go to the embassy (egypt embassy , or any egypt cultural centers, accadimy in your city) ask them . They can contact the university so easily and they know very well how to do this.
Also, any new informations we can get will be posted, keep in contact.
Best of luck.
Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:10 pm

Dear Dania,

I just read your post and I am very happy about your feelings towards your arabic origin:-) ....so from which arabic country due you belong to?:-)

Anyway, I know this is a very late reply, but anyway, so that you wouldn't be asking yourself the "What if I ?" question....My advice to you is...to continue your studies in Dublin....get your graduation certificate...which you probably have by now,??then.. if you want...we'd be more than happy to have you in "Kasr el aini"faculty of Medicine...to do your training...which will be very useful for you in all departments...we have an extra high flow of patients ...and the rare diseases ...you'll be seeing frequently :wink:

Tell me how did it go for the past few years since you've written this post and if u still wanna do something in Egypt...I'll be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes,
~Dr.RG - Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:04 am

Hey,
Wow u have no idea how happy SMahmoud's reply just made me! I'm an Egyptian whom happens to be an American citizen in her first yr of undergrad *I take Pre-Medical subjects though* in the USA. I've practically lived in the USA for my entire life but I need to go back to Egypt because my family is there now...and for almost the same reasons as Dania: I'm Egyptian!
So you said that international students can transfer to Kasr El Aini, but do you have more details on that issue now? I know they need to check the subjects I've taken(and I've specifically taken all the subjects they take here during the 1st yr), but do you know exactly who I can contact...maybe something more direct than the embassy since I'm in Egypt right now and can practically go anywhere? I hope someone who will give me real info tho, I've spent the past month going from office to office with no luck :cry:. I need to transfer next yr. (which will be my 2nd. yr) and they all say just come back then. But I need to know now. So if anyone knows how I can get an approval for transferring and who to contact please let me know! Thanks!
~Rana
demandby - Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:47 am

Reflexology have been a proven technique towards better health and even height growth.
Today, we have a choice. don't worry about consuming any stuff. Simply wear a massaging shoe pad that have reflexology nodes which is called Yoko Height Increase or Kimi Height Increase.
We are the global wholesaler for these bestselling products.
Do visit http://www. demandby. com for more info or you can email me at demandby@gmail. com

Buy direct, buy wholesale.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.