doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Need Feedback

DocFinder - Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:04 am

I wanted to introduce a new website that I came up with up as a solution to a problem that has been bothering me for a long time: There's no website that provides people's reviews and ratings on doctors (which is funny since you can find reviews on bottle openers..).

Find a Doctor

I have just launched a beta and will be happy to hear your thoughts on the idea and the site in general.

Thanks!
dlugose - Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:21 am

I see your site has become http://www. mdjunction. com/, and it looks like it is off to a good start. Some other sites rate doctors, but sometimes these are in the insurance company sites. Note that it is of course not fair to judge a doctor just by a very small number of comments. In some states such as Massachusetts at the website of the agency that registers doctors, or at the state medical association, you can find out whether there have been disciplinary measures against a doctor, lawsuits, and what specialty boards that doctor is listed as being certified by. Occasionally a doctor will claim to be a specialist when he / she is not registered by a specialty board.[/url]
DocFinder - Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:54 am

Thank you for your feedback Dan, I appreciate it.
I'm aware that some states provide disciplinary and certification information on doctors and I do plan on adding that to MDJunction in the future - I think these are important when one chooses a doctor.

Please feel free to send me more feedback through this forum or directly through MDJunction.

Thanks!
Ben
pam45 - Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:30 pm

I wasnt able to post unless I replied, so Im not sure if this is the best place. But I came across these articles at http://www. medicaldebtresources. com, that address how many people are in debt. Im a little concerned because I am in school now and I want to become a doctor. Its only my first year so I have a ways to go, but if Im going to end up in debt I don't think I was that risk. What do you all think?

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.