doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: eye problems

Kazzy - Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:02 pm

I'm hoping you can help me with my problem as I'm not sure who I should see.....my GP or an eye doctor.

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that every now and then my eyes feel funny. Like my vision is distorted. It's not that I can't see clearly but almost like I have to consiously focus my eye. Almost feels like I'm crosseyed but I'm not.
I've also had some light sensitivity some days to the point where my eyes water quite alot and hurt if I'm outside. I've had almost constant pain in my eyes espessially my right eye where it feels like the eye itself (behind the eye mostly) aches.
Yesterday I woke with a really scratchy feel to my right eye and noticed it was very red and had a small lump on the white of my eye between the tear duct and the part of the eye that's colored (not sure of what the parts of the eye are called)
My left eye has a small lump too in the same spot. It's smaller though and is clear. Looks a little like a blister.
Today they're not as scratchy but are aching and my vision feels a little funny. Like I said I can still see properly. Its hard to explain the exact sensation. Like the inside of my vision in my right eye is a little fuzzy.

I know this is all probably a little vague but if you have any ideas on whether I should be worried or not would be great. I'm not sure who to see about it or if I should just let it pass.

Thank you for your time.

Karen
Kazzy - Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:36 pm

Just wanted to bump this back up. Some advise would be greatly appreciated. Every since I had a grand mal Seizure 16mths ago I get really worried when anything with my head goes wrong. A Seizure isn't something everyone has and even though they did a CT scan I worry that they may have missed something.

Since having the Seizure I've had so many weird symptoms that the doctors put down to migraine.

As for the eye problem....thats another new thing and I haven't had a migraine in a few weeks (I'm on preventatives)

If it's any help when my sister inlaw looked at my eye she described it as being "red with a small cloudy spot on it"

Thanks for your time and sorry to be such a nuisence

Karen
star127 - Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:20 am

A month ago I had a stye on my right eye’s upper eyelid. I used a warm compress on it and after a week or so it healed itself. However, the part where it was (middle of the eyelid) has lost its eyelashes. I want to know if they will grow back or not.
Secondly two days ago a stye appeared on my left eye’s lower eyelid right at the point where the eyelid ends (towards the nose)… it is painful… I want to know why I am getting these, I never had them before. Someone told me it’s probably because I poked a dirty finger or something. I want to know if that’s the only cause or if this can be due to something else.
Thanks a lot.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright © 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.