Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: white ? in the back of my throat

Suzanne_Michelle - Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:14 am

Bill or Anyone who can answer my question,
The back fo my throat is sore more so on the right side. There are also these white smelly things back there hidden in a fold in the back of my throat on both the right and left sids. I actually used a flashlight to see, and a Q-tip to get them out. What in the world are they? I remember seeing these in the back of my throat before. Tonight there were a lot in there, and I was able to get many out. Do they serve a purpose?

Hoping you can answer my question and thanks for your time.
matthew111 - Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:21 pm

I used to have these about 3 years ago and they would come and go. Sometimes I could actually get them out of the back of my throat. When I did they were really smelly. I am not certain but maybe it is bacteria? Food? I can't say and be certain but try and gargle and/or drink some "Green Tea" to kill anything bad that might be at the back of your throat causing this.

It actually looks like its come out of the throat right? It sounds the same as I had. I went to the doctor and he said its nothing really.
NikkyLeClair - Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:23 pm

White in mouth/throat could also be thrush, for which you should be treated with something like mycostatin.

Nikky, MA

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.