Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: eye condition question

deathjdstn - Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:53 pm

I am 24 years old male 200 lbs when I was 17 I was dignosed with Nystagmus I was wondering if there is something that can be done to improve it my sympdoms only occure when I close one eye the oppisite eye shakes which lowers my vision
my vision is actualy 20/15 with both eyes open but when I close 1 eye my left eye is 20/100 if I close my left eye my right eye is 20/60 I would like to know what are my options have not seen the doc about this since I was 17 he mentioned surgery but cannot remember to well on that

any impute would be great

Web-Medic - Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:50 pm

This note was posted in January 2003 but I am responding to it because there are probably others with this problem that I think should read this.

There are medical conditions that can cause nystagmus, if you have eye problems go to your family physician or optometrist and get it checked out. If you haven't had a physical with blood work done in a while, I would recommend it. Some medical conditions can sneak up on you with strange symptoms you aren't expecting, don't overlook your bodies signs for help.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.