The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: eye condition question

deathjdstn - Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:53 pm

I am 24 years old male 200 lbs when I was 17 I was dignosed with Nystagmus I was wondering if there is something that can be done to improve it my sympdoms only occure when I close one eye the oppisite eye shakes which lowers my vision
my vision is actualy 20/15 with both eyes open but when I close 1 eye my left eye is 20/100 if I close my left eye my right eye is 20/60 I would like to know what are my options have not seen the doc about this since I was 17 he mentioned surgery but cannot remember to well on that

any impute would be great

thanks
Web-Medic - Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:50 pm

This note was posted in January 2003 but I am responding to it because there are probably others with this problem that I think should read this.

There are medical conditions that can cause nystagmus, if you have eye problems go to your family physician or optometrist and get it checked out. If you haven't had a physical with blood work done in a while, I would recommend it. Some medical conditions can sneak up on you with strange symptoms you aren't expecting, don't overlook your bodies signs for help.