doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Tumor like mass of tissue visible through nostrils???

chachos_girl - Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:46 am

I have a tumor like mass of tissu in the shape of a large marble visible through my left nostril, and a slightly smaller one in my right nostril. It has grown signficantly in the past 6 weeks and is it making breathing through the nose difficult. I also expierence headachs that last hours, blured vision, muscle sourness/stiffness, numbness and lack of energy and thinning hair. What could it possible be? The last diagnosis I recieved was sinusitis however treatments for such failed. Any Ideas?
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:58 pm

Did you see an ENT? If not, you may want to just for a second opinion. Sinusitis wouldn't be causing numbness

Where is the numbness?

Sinusitis does cause bad Headaches, especially in the forehead, and it hurts more to bend over. The Headaches could also possibly be migraines, they do cause blurred vision before and during the Headache. Does it hurt mainly on one side? Do you have increased sensitivity to light and/or sound? Nauseated? See spots or little flashes of light?
chachos_girl - Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:23 pm

Whats an "ENT"? I saw a family doctor. I have a PPO and I need a referal to see anyone else.. :roll:
I get numbness mostly in the limbs and face. Flashes of light, yes. Sensitive to light and I do get Nauseated. I also get sparatic muscle pain that last for days. example. My thumb joint or a hip will just start hurting for no aparent reason and ache for 2-3 days then just stop? Happends quite often.
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:09 pm

I'm sorry, an ENT is an ear, nose and throat physician. If these things are growing, you should ask your doctor for a specialist's opinion.

It sounds like you're having migraines, sometimes there is numbness in the face and limbs, it's called an "aura". The lights you see are also aura.

Did these Headaches come on suddenly? If you are a woman, have you started any new or different hormonal birth control recently, or have you been on the pill for a while now? Do they seem to come on the last half of your cycle? When you're terribly stressed?

Have you told your doctor about these Headaches?
chachos_girl - Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:28 am

the Headaches do come on suddenly I am a woman however I was sterilized over 3 years ago (march 2002), Tubes tied. I can't say that I get that stressed out, Things are pretty mellow here. I can't say I have noticed a connection to my period, they are pretty random, unless I'm missing something. I told her about the groeth in the nose and she put me on Antibiotics for 2 week with no results. I have also told her about the Headaches. I don't think she has an answer for me so she keeps telling me that its stress related and perscribes me Tylenol with codiene. I positive it's not stress related.
Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:09 pm

When you say you told her about the growths, does that mean she didn't see you? If she didn't, you need to be seen!

Did you actually have a sinus infection at the time? Please see her and if she's not sure what it is, request a referral to an ENT. Also tell her of the sudden onset of migraines; Tylenol doesn't really relieve the pain. There are very good prescription medications just for migraines besides painkillers.
chachos_girl - Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:40 pm

Yes she actuall looked into my nose with a light and saw them, said it was a sinus infection. that was 3 weeks ago. She treated me for a sinus infection 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed except the size which is bigger.
I think I will have her refer me to a specialist.
Thank You Very much for your advice. It was appreciated.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.