Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Tongue and swollen neck problem on the right side.

m0tivation - Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:16 am

Last night I was easting some pasta with spinach that still had some sand in it. Halfway through, I had a sharp pain sensation in my throat and the very back of the right side of my tongue. (I've felt this sensation in the past, it's like when you eat something extremely sour and you feel this pain in the back of your tongue and in your throat). However, unlike the past, this pain is still occurring everytime I eat anything today. At this point I can now feel a swollen lump on the right side of my neck. When I'm not eating anything, there is no pain, but I do feel some discomfort since there is a swollen lump in my neck. It's been less than 24 hours since the first occurance.

Could this be an allergic reaction to something? Or perhaps maybe I have a grain of sand stuck in the back of my tongue?

m0tivation - Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:45 am

The swelling goes down after a while, however, if I eat something else, the swelling occurs again.

Any ideas?
BcPowder - Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:08 am

I yawned today and felt the same pain in the left side of throat. It felt like I pulled a muscle in the bottom left side of my mouth. When I swallow I experienc dis-comfort. My gland seemed to swell a little at the time then went down. This was before lunch I wnet to eat supper and after 5 bites my gland started swelling. It feels like it is swelling out of a sack kind of like a hernia. 30 minutes after not eating the swelling has gone down. There is still a little swelling. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.