Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Ringing in ears

tds108 - Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:05 pm

I'm 19/male, and I've been getting ringing in my ears for a while now. I used to only hear it when I went to bed, and there was silence, but iIn the last few days I've been able to hear it all day. It is not that loud, but other sounds don't drain it out - I just hear the ringing (like the buzzing noise a TV makes) over and above.

These is a relatively recent problem (last 6-9 months), and I can't think of any cases of exposure to loud noise, etc.

I have had "train track" braces since November, with the purpose of preparing my teeth for an operation to correct my overbite. I have read that people with lower jaw problems may experience ringing ears, since the jawbone is connected to the earbone. Is it possible that it is the braces moving my teeth that is causing this noise?
JBrown - Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi tds108

It sounds like you have a bac case of tinitus. I am not sure about the jaw thing. Did you have problems with your ears when you were young? Is there any pressure around your face if you move your eyes is there a pain behind them?

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.