Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Cataract surgery

b8251213 - Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:46 pm

:D Hello to Everybody:

My question is I just had cataract surgery in the right and left eye and was wondering if I should start taking a vitamin for the eyes if so can anybody recommend a particular product.

PS Did not realize that I was walking around and seeing a brown world what A big difference with new lenses.
Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:54 am

Hi b8251213,
Having new lenses makes the world of difference. One that suffers from cataracts has such gradual changes that it's not realized until the replacement procedure is completed. In my opininion a general Multivitamin which usually contains all the essential elements would be good for anyones health in general, and should be considered adequate.
b8251213 - Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:56 pm

Dear Rntdj:

Thank you very much for the information will look into a vitamin and will also talk to my eye doctor when I go in for new glasses, yes you can have cataract surgery and still need glasses.

By the way I am the same person (b8251213) that was talking to you about Periphery Neuropathy and the future test for heavy metal. Results are in the only problem is this site disabled the personal message section and I haven't been able to contact you to give you a update. Sorry about that!

b8251213 barryinvu@earthlink. net

PS will take a look at a vitamin called ( I Cap )

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.