The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Cataract surgery

b8251213 - Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:46 pm

:D Hello to Everybody:

My question is I just had cataract surgery in the right and left eye and was wondering if I should start taking a vitamin for the eyes if so can anybody recommend a particular product.

b8251213

PS Did not realize that I was walking around and seeing a brown world what A big difference with new lenses.
Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:54 am

Hi b8251213,
Having new lenses makes the world of difference. One that suffers from cataracts has such gradual changes that it's not realized until the replacement procedure is completed. In my opininion a general Multivitamin which usually contains all the essential elements would be good for anyones health in general, and should be considered adequate.
b8251213 - Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:56 pm

Dear Rntdj:

Thank you very much for the information will look into a vitamin and will also talk to my eye doctor when I go in for new glasses, yes you can have cataract surgery and still need glasses.

By the way I am the same person (b8251213) that was talking to you about Periphery Neuropathy and the future test for heavy metal. Results are in the only problem is this site disabled the personal message section and I haven't been able to contact you to give you a update. Sorry about that!

b8251213 barryinvu@earthlink. net

PS will take a look at a vitamin called ( I Cap )