doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: common diseases in asia , europe and america

Ling - Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:41 pm

Hi, I'm a student from the Philippines. We have this assignment to get a list of some common diseases from an asian country other than mine, an european one and from america . If there are doctors out there who can help me out, please let me know and email me. My email address is tsubiph@yahoo. com. Thank You
Dr. Russell M - Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:35 pm

Hi!

Some of the common diseases in the Indan subcontinent would be the common cold, upper respiratory tract infections like sinusitis and pharyngitis, lower respiratory tract infections like Pneumonia, urinary tract infections, gastroenteritis like enteric Fever (typhoid) and cholera, Tuberculosis, malaria, dengue Fever, Weil's disease, Hepatitis, conjunctivitis, etc.

In America, I do not find much of Tuberculosis, malaria, dengue, or weils. The flu is quite common. The west-nile Fever is particularly common in the south central Americas.

I hope this helps.

- Bill
Ling - Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:47 pm

bill,

Thank you for your reply. It really helped me. Can I ask if you know some doctors from the places I mentioned? It would really help me more because we need responses from some of them also.
sisohel - Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:14 pm

Hi Ling,
Thank you for using this site and I am glad it helped you. I am a doctor form Bangladesh and would be happy to help you in any regards. Please feel free to mail me at sisohel@dhaka. net for any of your queries.

Best luck,
Ling - Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:02 pm

Hello sisohel,

First of all thank you for replying. There aren't many who are replying. Anyway, I sent you an email earlier. I hope you read it. It is really important that you send your reply right away. Could I also ask you if you have any american and european physician friends because I also need the same data from their countries? If you do, could you please help me contact them through email. Thanks so much
sisohel - Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:38 pm

Dear Ling,
Thanks for your mail. yes I do have some American and European friends and I can give you thier mail or collect the data you need from them.

Common Diseases in our country (Bangladesh) include: Malaria, Diarrhoea, Tuberculosis, Thyphoid, Peptic Ulcer, Arsenic poisoning, Asthma, Diabetics.

Signs symptomps of these diseases and how to prevent them is a long answer and I would sugest you consult any standard textbook of Medicine (like Davidson's or Kumar Klark's) from your library.

If you face any problem let me know.

I would also like to know where and in which grade you are studying.
Regards,
Ling - Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:56 pm

sisohel,

First of all, thank you so much for the help. I hope some of your european and american friends could help me. By the way, I'm studying in Manresa School and I'm a third year high school student.
The thing is we have to get at least some information of at least one of the diseases you mentioned through this chat room. Our teacher said we have to print the exact page on our computer where you replied.
Is there any chance of talking to your american and european friends on the net very soon? I would be so thankful.
morris1 - Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:13 am

Hello bill I am very much agree with you .Actually in developing countries like India , Pakistan actually due lack of development and lack of information about disease and its medication they have to face too much problem .Very much medication available here but mostly its side effects are major issue .Mandol's side effects ]are seems to be very much favorable.

see this also for more...

http://www. urlsdisabled/s3622-s-MANDOL. aspx

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.