doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: What else can I do?

laura - Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:41 pm

Hello again,

Thank u for helping so much in my previous inquiries...I was writing again because of the following:

I went to the doctor three weeks ago with a sore throat - very painful! ...they did a throat culture & sent me back home .... no one ever called back, so I assumed it was just a viral infection. About a week later, I ended up in Urgent Care with a high Fever & was prescribed Antibiotics for my "Strep Throat"....This is what I was wondering about, I usually get a bad case of strep, at least once a year....but I think what I have is Scarred Tonsilitis....ever since I was little they will get so swollen even to swallow my own saliva would hurt like if I was swallowing glass....and I have seen the simptoms of such conditions and most apply to me.

For the last three years it gets so bad, with Fever, weakness, Nausea, & Headache....and after the infection is gone, I still end up with a bad Cough that lasts for weeks!...and feel tired all the time......this last time I couldn't even walk or get up from bed. WHy won't the doctor want to remove them?? I was scheduled for surgery when I was little once, but it got cancelled. I am just tired of them :(

I finished my antiobitics, and two days later my throat started hurting again....

Also, this does not relate, but I have bruises all over my body - big Purple & green bruises on my legs, & arms & hands.....All my blood tests came out normal, but the bruises are big & they hurt, and my mom is worried.... should I go for any specific test??

Thank u very much again for all your help.

Laura
Dr. Russell M - Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:30 pm

Hi!

Do you have swelling or edema of face/limbs? Did your blood tests include the renal parameters like BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) and Serum Creatinine? Have you had a urinalysis?

bill

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.