Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: One eye dilated

Subla - Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:04 pm

Over the past week I have noticed twice my left eye dilated more than the right one. Both times I have had a migraine. The 1st time the migraine was on the left side of my head and today the right side. I took a Zomig to take the Headache away and have just noticed the pupil is back to normal as well. I went to the optomotrist 2 wks aga and learned that my eyesight has gotten worse (prescription doubled in 1 year). Should I be concerned?
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Dear Subla,

I think that the pupil change that you see while having the migraine attack is most probably related to the migraine itself. You have to report this to your neurologist.

About the decline in your vision, you have to ask your ophtalmologist about the expected decline in your vision and whether this is something unexpected that you should (and your doctor of course) should be worrying about.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.