News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Recent memory loss in 22 year old

poonam_s_17 - Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:13 am

Hi.
I am 22 year old female. of late I am observing memory loss, though i always had a very good memory...also, i get these mood swings. since child hood i have been a kind of person who suppress emotions but oflate i have become vocal and very irritated and angry at small things....i lose my temper badly and very fast for small things...sometimes i am over excited and very jubiliant and other times i'm irritated like hell....also i have had this habit of day dreaming and talking to myself, imagining situations etc. Sometimes i feel panic and scared though there is no reason..sometimes i even see some transparent round balls moving in front of me, though nothing in actual..also, oflate when i get angry my face gets heated and my lips start quiverring , it seems the world around going round...Do you think I'm suffering from some ailment?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:25 am

User avatar The symptoms you have described match symptoms of bipolar disorder. The memory loss, anxiety, irritability, euphoria, seeing things, talking to yourself and much, much more, like chronic insomnia, saying inappropritate and hurtful things when you are irritable, spending too much mone and much energy are also common everyday occurences when you feel good but may or may not be present at this time.

Of course, the other side is depression, total lack of energy, not necessarily crying or sad, although that can definitely be present. Some people with bipolar disorder do not have depression, the requirement for this diagnosis is at least one episode of mania, which is what you describe.

Of course, I am not a psychiatrist, you need to see one immediately for an accurate diagnosis. If you are indeed bipolar you need immediate treatment as it is a serious and devastating illness eventually if not treated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here