News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Wellbutrin drowsy side effects

guitarboy86 - Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:06 am

I've been taking wellbutrin 75mg two times a day for a week and I just started taking 150mg twice a day. (I am also on adderall 30mg/day) I just took my second dose for the day and am really drowsy is this normal? should i be really concerned?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:31 am

User avatar Hello guitarboy86,
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Wellbutrin may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
Dizziness may be more likely to occur when you rise from a sitting or lying position. Rise slowly to prevent dizziness and a possible fall.
You should inform your doctor about this if you are still experiencing it the next day.
If severe and sustained you may need a different antidepressant.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here