Question: How do you make it stop!!!!

faith460 - Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:05 pm

I am a 22 yearold female, and hope for better things in the future. I can trust you because I don't know you and the same for you not knowing me. I need help, but don't know where to turn or who to trust, for I don't want to end up in a rehab with a bunch of nuts. I'm sure that you can understand. I will get right to the point for you....I have thoughts, bad ones, and fear of one day them taking over, even though I'm truely not that type of person. I will look at something, for instence a simple pencil, it is so fragile and plain, yet I can imagine in my mind of how I could use it to hurt someone, even myself. I don't like these thoughts but they happen all the time. I want to stop it and get on with mylife, but it's very hard. I can't go out to dinner because of thinking I may pick up the fork and jab it into someone eye and twist it around. I carry these thoughts with me every day...what am I to do????? how do you make it stop??? I'm a very gentle person and wouldn't hurt anyone, or so I hope.....but they get more and more frequent. I don't want to do anything anymore. PLEASE HELP ME!!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:45 pm

User avatar You need to see a psychiatrist immediately.
Tell your parents, or a close friend, and get help.
Go to the emergency room and get admitted to the psych ward if you cannot make an appointment with a doctor right away.
You do not want to hurt yourself or anyone else.
 flowstate - Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:04 pm

Read up on the symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It seems pretty clear to me that that might be the trouble you're having.

|