News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Help with my Niece

wskay - Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi
My niece, 18 yr, has issues concentrating on things. She is going to college but skips classes and did not take any of the final exams (cause she was not prepared). She spends most of her time at forums chatting with other ppl. She has no interest in any other thing. Please help. I asked her to see a phsycologist but she said she is not a freak. :cry:
 lilysuzanne - Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:32 pm

sounds like typical 18 yr old behavior, read about brain developement in young adults. She might be obsessed with internet, but a lot of people are.She might not realize how important her eduation is and regeret it when she's older like a lot of us do.They say your brain at 18yrs is going through a pruning process and that explains why teenagers make a lot of stupid decisions.Yelling at her and putting her down, will probably make her rebel more. Ty supporting her and talking to her like an adult to adult.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here