News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: memory loss?

zena21 - Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:11 am

Hmm..this is kind of strange, or maybe its just me ..but for some reason..these days im forgetting alot, like things i have said..to people in the past..just the other day my sister came up to me wearingmy earings..and she said i gave them to her..her story made sense..which i would have done..but i dunt remember it..and then today..some one made a remark..at me saying something..but i dun't remember saying that either..its really weird to me, its not short term stuff, but more things that have happened within the last yr..(and yes, my sis isnt the kind to take things and make up things)..im 21 f....maybe im just worrying on lil things..but if anyone else has experienced this..please let me know..
 carolannah - Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:18 am

Hello zena21,

It can be frightening to have it brought to our attention we have said or done something we do not remember. Many factors can affect ones memory. If this problem persists or worsens, by all means, see a professional in person. In the meantime you might want to take a look at what might be going on in your daily life. Stress, distractions, excessive worry, etc, can easily disrupt our thought process and cause forgetfulness. Youth is on your side, hang in there!

All my best,

carolannah

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here