News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Sexually abused as a child - now lost patience, headaches.

alanachyanne - Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:57 pm

I am a 31 year old female, I have been sexually abuse as a child. I am quite & shy in front of people that I don't know, it takes me awhile to open up. I've get headaches quite often, joint aches. I've noticed here lately that i have lost of patcience & I have to take deep breaths everyonce in a while. Sometimes one little thing makes me "blow up". I was wondering if you know what it is & if I should go see a Dr. & if I do can I go to my primary care Dr. I also just learned that my mom is going to die.

Thanks for your help!!
 alanachyanne - Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:33 pm

I also forgot to tell you that that for a couple of weeks now I have pain around my left shoulder & it it numb & tingly. I can't sleep at night, & I don't like to be home by myself at night. I appreciate your help!!
 MaryAnn N, RN - Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:34 am

User avatar By all means please see your doctor. You have certainly have a lot on your shoulders now. Your doctor can examine you to see if you need a referral or whether he can help you. My heart certainly goes out to you.

Your symptoms might just be stress related, but it would be wise to find out if there is an underlying disease process just in case.

MaryAnnRN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here