News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: memory lapses?

organik - Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:05 pm

Hi,

For the past year, i've been having.. memory lapses? i'm not sure if this is the right word, i'll try to explain.

often during conversation, or sometimes just out of the blue, i will begin having certain thoughts, like deja vus. they last about 10 seconds, and usually consist of me trying to figure out where these thoughts come from. they're accompanied by a sense of losing my breath? that's probably the best way to describe it. i have panic disorder, which i have under control, and these aren't small anxiety attacks. or at least they don't seem like it. when there over, usually within 10 seconds i can NEVER remember what the thoughts are.

they usually occur about once a week, sometimes not for months, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

the reason i'm asking is because i had one of these lapses the other day, and actually vomited after..

any help would be appreciated
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:53 am

User avatar Hi!

Have you discussed this with the doctor who is treating your panic disorder?

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here