Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: celexa withdrawal flushing

mcnabj - Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:02 pm

Hello, I have been on celexa for over four years at about 20mg a day. I have tapered off and been celexa free for one month. The problem that I am having is that my face will flush badly at certain times of the day. Do you think this is a side effect of the discontinuation of the ssri? I think that my hormones are trying to rebalance themselves after the use of celexa for four years. This is really bothersome b/c my face burns and is very red. Are there any products I cab use to prevent facial flushing? Thank you..
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:46 am

User avatar Hi mcnabj,
I have not found specific documentation in any literature that I have researched linking the symptom of facial flushing as a typical withdrawal symptom of Celexa, it certainly does not mean that this is an impossibility. There are other conditions that triggers facial flushing including certain medications, spicy foods, hot beverages, alcohol, temperature extremes, etc. Taking into consideration that this symptom began after discontinuation of the medication would give the impression that there is a link. I would suggest that you notify your physician that this symptom is being experienced.

|