Question: 16 year old daughter gets sick each morning before school

endofmyrope - Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:31 pm

I have a 16 year old daughter who gets sick each morning before school. We've had all the test and it's all negative. Even had a LSW do an interview and she said nothing is abnormal and does not need counseling.

We have an operation schedule for Feb 20th for T/A hoping that will solve the issue. Not denifinate answer from any doctor other than maybe and they need to come out because they are infected.

The problem I have is she says nothing is bothering her at school and the LSW says she's okay, but I still wonder if it's aniety of some sort.

Any thoughts would be most appriciated. We are at wits end. We're having her home school in the mean time.

Is this normal for a teenager. Are we missing something here. Is it aniexanity or something else.

Thanks.,
 DoctorJohn - Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:04 am

Dear endofmyrope,

It would be most useful if you could supply greater detail. For instance, are you certain that the vomiting only occurs in the mornings and not at other times? How long has it been going on for and was there any precipitating event? Is your daughter underweight or does she show any of the other signs of anorexia nervosa?

Regards,

DJ
 syedhussain - Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:09 am

Dear Madam: Thank you for seeking help regarding symptoms of "vomiting" as the main complaint concerning your young, school going daughter. As mentioned by you, she has been investigated by family Physician and others related with medical profession. A single persistent symptom without any evidence of structural or invlovement of any bodily organ points in the dirction of Psychogenic cause. Kindly have a Psychiatric/Psychological consult, and, you may be able to find the answer and solution of the problem.
regards,
SH.
 DoctorJohn - Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:57 pm

I think Syed makes a very valid point: just because the LSW (liaison social worker?) says this is not anxiety does not mean that it is not. It does sound as if the problem may have a psychological basis and further psychological exploration seems warranted.

DJ
 wendi789 - Mon May 11, 2009 7:18 am

Has this situation resolved?
What was the outcome?

|