News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: which ssri has the least insomnia?

ryan1402 - Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:01 pm

Does anyone know which ssri has the least amount of sleep disturbances. Im on effexor right now and it sucks for sleep, I get like 5 hours at the most.....my doc said paxil because i did well on it before but he still didnt say which ssri has the least amount of sleep disturbances???....any help
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:06 am

User avatar Hi ryan1402,
Medication may affect people in different ways. One person may experience an unpleasant side effect while another does not. Insomnia or drowsiness are both a couple of the side effects of Effexor as is most of the SSRI's, ie, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, etc. This is probably the reason the physician didn't state which one had the least "sleep disturbance" affect. My question for you, if you were doing well on the Paxil, why was it changed to Effexor? If you physician advises a change in medications, remember that it is suggested when discontinuing Effexor, taper therapy is advised.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here