Question: Anxiety/insomnia

Xoeitheror - Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:59 am

Last weekend I had a very bad panic/anxiety attack,and for the past week ive been having them constantlyevery day. Ive also been having some severe sleep problems these last few days.Everytime i lay down to sleep i start drifting off i feel like im sinking and my body gets a wavy sensation, my heart will start to beat faster and eventually i will get to a point where my entire body has like a jolt and i wake up.Its almost as if i start falling asleep but am still half-way concious.Ive also been waking up 1-2hours into sleep very hot and dizzy with a fast heartbeat and cannot fall back asleep afterwards.Last night i only slept for 2 hours and now nearl 24 hours later i stillc annot sleep.This is starting to feed my anxiety and is becoming intolerable I have a doctors appointment in1 week but I honestly don't know if i can stand this for another entire week.Does anyone have any natural remedys and/or things i can try to get to sleep.Also what does this sound like it is caused by,im scared Im havin some sort of heart problem causing this.Though this anxiety is terrible and the sleep is terrible and theyjust seem to feed easch other in an endless cycle.

If it is of any help i havent been falling asleep till around 5-6am.
The last time i slept was yesterday morning i fell asleep at 6:30 and woke up at around *;30am ive stayed awake all day long and now it is 3:00am and i cannot still sleep,how can i possibly fix my sleeping cycle.
 tinksplace - Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:26 am

im sorry im not much help but im almost going through the same thing.except ym imsonnimia isnt as bad. i get anxiety rather than all out panic. i just went througha rough time and now things are getting mkuch better for em but i suppose i still feel the aftermath.try to think what could be worrying you.and also i was going to try a hypnothreapist.yeah im worrying why i am still worrying lol.
 Xoeitheror - Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:52 am

someone please help me im desparetly looking for help please someone :*(
 nescrew - Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:56 am

Xoeitheror wrote:Last weekend I had a very bad panic/anxiety attack,
and for the past week ive been having them constantlyevery day. Ive also been having some severe sleep problems these last few days.
Everytime I lay down to sleep I start drifting off I feel like im sinking and my body gets a wavy sensation, my heart will start to beat faster and eventually I will get to a point where my entire body has like a jolt and I wake up.
Its almost as if I start falling asleep but am still half-way concious.
Ive also been waking up 1-2hours into sleep very hot and dizzy with a fast heartbeat and cannot fall back asleep afterwards.
Last night I only slept for 2 hours and now nearl 24 hours later I stillc annot sleep.
This is starting to feed my anxiety and is becoming intolerable I have a doctors appointment in1 week but I honestly don't know if I can stand this for another entire week.
Does anyone have any natural remedys and/or things I can try to get to sleep.
Also what does this sound like it is caused by,
im scared Im havin some sort of heart problem causing this.
Though this anxiety is terrible and the sleep is terrible and theyjust seem to feed easch other in an endless cycle.

If it is of any help I havent been falling asleep till around 5-6am.
The last time I slept was yesterday morning I fell asleep at 6:30 and woke up at around *;30am ive stayed awake all day long and now it is 3:00am and I cannot still sleep,
how can I possibly fix my sleeping cycle.

Well, I have had the same problem. People mainly get panic attacks, because something is bothering them. When you start to panic you also get the feeling that you are dying which makes it worse and last longer. You need to talk yourself down and tell yourself that you are okay and you are not going to die. Try counting or even singing anything that calms you down. I know that when I have panic attacks my body tenses and I lose control of my muscles and I can't un-tense them, I also stop breathing. I don't know if you are the same but it does get scary. You need to talk to someone, if you live with someone and you feel a panic coming on go to them and have them talk you down. And remember BREATHE!

As for insomnia, it also goes along with thinking. If you are worrying about something or remembering something bad that has happened to you. Forget it. Try to clear your mind. Take a bath or something. If this doesn't help go to a doctor and get some sleep meds. Warning you may get addicted to them and rely on only them to actually sleep. But if your insomnia is real bad you need to do something. Because you can get really sick.

Also not sleeping can add to your panic attacks...

|