News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: drug detox?

playboyxxxplaya - Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:43 am

I'm a 23 year old male. couple years ago about when i was from 17-20, i experienced with drugs like exstacy, cocaine, mushrooms, and acid. I regret it so much now, and am wondering if there is anyway to detoxify the body as much as possible both physically and mentally? the only negative mental affects i experience is a very moderate anxiety. But am more so interested in detoxifying the body physically if possible. And if it is relevant I only experimented, doing each drug no more than 3 times.
 jrlpc - Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi there,

If it has been three years since you used ecstasy, cocaine, mushrooms, or acid then your body has already cleared the drugs out of your system and there is no reason as to why you would need to physically detox from the drugs. Contrary to popular belief, acid does not stay in your body forever. However, anxiety can be a side effect of using ecstasy. As for treatment for that, you can seek behavior therapy (from a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist) or possibly pharmaceuticals such as Ativan or Xanax as they work rapidly to help anxiety, but are only for short-term use. Longer term medications are often used as well to help, but they can take a couple of weeks to really kick in.

I hope this helps some. As always, if you feel as though you are in danger to your self or someone else call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here