News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Feelings of thirst followed by great sadness

rina - Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:53 am

I am 25 now but had this feeling when I was a child as well. Sometimes I feel really thirsty, even if I have had a drink. I do get this feeling mostly when I wake up so it could be true that I am genuinely thirsty. This feeling of thirst is always followed by feelings of great sadness! Happy memories of all the good times with friends and family zoom through my mind. It feels as though I am watching those I love having fun, but I am not a part of this, I try and join them, but I am unable to reach them. They are always just out of reach! It feels as though I will never have fun with them again! At this point I always burst into tears and feel totally overwhelemed by sadness and dispair!

Does anyone have any ideas? I really hate the feeling of being thirsty, because it seems to be an indicator this awful thought I have described will occur!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:08 am

User avatar Hi rina,
Have you had a physician's and mental health professional's evaluation? I would strongly suggest that you have this completed. In order to proceed with an appropriate treatment regimen the causative factor requires identification. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here