News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: I could get surgery for free in another country.. if i lie?

grneyeladydi - Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:49 am

I am 47 yrs old currently living with my mother due to illness. I am unemployed awaiting SSD and have no income. I have the opportunity to have surgery done for free in another county but would have to lie about where I live. My brother lives in that country and I could use his addres but my mother doesn't want me to in case he would get in trouble. I've asked a few people and they informed me that as long as I've lived there 1 day it's classified as living there and I could use his address. Do you think my mother is being over protected especially when it comes to the welfare of her daughter? I have Graves disease, Thyroid Eye Disease, Hyperthyroidism and take 27 pills a day, too many to list here.
 Dr. K. Eisele - Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:49 am

User avatar I think this is a question that only you can answer.

If this were an issue of life and death, wherein you would die if you could not have the surgery in the other country, it would be easy to answer.

Wish I could help more.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here