News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Is tellling lies under any of the disease categories?

llynn - Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:19 am

- Im a female.
- 22years of age this year (2007).

- I have extreme bad insonmia problem.
- At times i also suffer from depression, which i had since 2003.

- I have not done any surgery. My father has heart problems
and he has done two bypass-suregery. Other than my
immediate family, i am not aware of other illnesses my relative
suffers.

- I'm currently on sleeping pills to help me sleep. But as time
went by, the dosage of my regular pill doesn't take any effect
on mr anymore and i try to ask my doctor to increase the
dosage.

My question is :

" Is tellling lies under any of the disease category ??"

---- i tend to tell lies as if its a bowl of rice to keep me surviving, At times, im very well aware that i am going to tell one, but at all other times, i jus say lies and after which realising - 'hey.. why did i jus say a lie for???'

---- Sometimes its to avoid being known the 'one' that did the wrong thing ot had cause a wrong move i have made. Sometimes at most cases i jus say something that it isn't true at all, but by nature i have never meant any hidden words or ever thought wanting to boast or .....)

- i need help! Cn anyone answer my Question?[/u]
 Dr. K. Eisele - Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:45 am

User avatar Llynn:

This is a very interesting problem. The answer is dependent o many things. One possibility, however, is that perhaps the underlying problem is depression. Insomnia is commonplace in depression, as well as is poor concentration, lack of motivation for anything, feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness, depressed mood, feelings of guilt that are excessive to the situation, loss of appetite, and recurrent morbid thoughts/ suicidal thoughts.

If depression is the underlying problem, it could explain your insomnia, and could also explain the lying. If you have lack of motivation, you might not try very hard to do tasks correctly, etc., and then, if you tend to be an anxious person, your "nerves" may cause you to just want to hide from getting into trouble of any kind.

I think you should see your physician about this problem. If you do have depression, there are many medications that are effective, and that will help with your insomnia. When depression causes insomnia, treating the depression also treats the insomnia.

Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here