News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: worried about my weight

rina - Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:57 pm

As you know from my other posts, I'm feeling very low at the moment. I have really lost my appetite. I'm really not hungry. I'm unhappy with my weight, don't think i'm to fat, but i think i'm too thin!

I'm really skinny and I don't like it, I think it doesn't look very nice. All my clothes are baggy, and I have to buy kids clothes even though i'm 25 years old.

I know everyone is probably thinking I'm lucky being really thin, but I'm unhappy with the way I look. I apoligise if this post seems really petty!

I think because i'm feeling down right now, I don't want anything, except, yoghurt, porriage or soup. I could quite happily just drink ovaltine and thats it!

I have a cheese sandwich for lunch and after that i'm full. I don't really want anything else.

I think because of my mood i can't be bothered to cook so I don't.

Is there anyway to break this cycle and start eating three meals a day.

Do you know of and nutritional drinks I could drink if I don't feel like eating.
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:23 am

User avatar Rina:

I'm so sorry to hear about your depression. Loss of appetite is not unusual in depression. I do hope you're seeing a psychiatrist and/or therapist for this.

since I am from the US, the nutritional drinks I know of may not be available to you in the UK. Common nutritional drinks here are Boost, Mighty Shakes, and there are also instant breakfast mixes that may be very similar to Ovaltine. The instant breakfast mixes provide vitamins and carbohydrates but are low in protein, whereas drinks like Boost and Mighty Shake have vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and protein.

Please see your physician if you haven't already. Depression is treatable--you don't have to suffer like this.

Good Luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here