Question: what will happen at my appointment?scared

angelkt - Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:16 am

HI

I am diagnosed anorexic-I am 21 5'5 and 100 pounds(female)
I am having a really hard time-my fiance is giving me support but my family do not know.
I have my 1st appointment as an outpatient on the 23rd and am worried as I don't know what they will do?
some people have mentioned inpatient and this really worries me as like i say my family don't know and I would rather keep it that way!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:22 pm

User avatar First of all, let me congratulate you on your decision to seek help with this serious condition. You are wise to take charge of your health and recognize that you need professional help for this.

Not everyone requires inpatient treatment. If you are motivated to work closely with your health care provider on this, you may very well be able to get it under control with outpatient therapy and/or medications, etc. At any rate, your first appointment will likely be information gathering, history and physical examination. A treatment plan can be developed after this initial consultation. It is a complicated disorder so it will take a lot of work and determination on your part. I am glad to hear your fiance is supportive. I hope in time you will be comfortable talking with the rest of your family as well but no need to worry about that right now.

Be completely honest and open with your doctor and/or therapist. This will give you the best chance for success. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. A good support system can really help. You may be able to find an outreach peer support group to help you. Others who struggle with similar conditions meet together to help and encourage one another. You might try contacting NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) http://www.nami.org. They have local chapters so perhaps there is one near you.

Take care and good luck.
 angelkt - Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:39 am

aww thank you very much!
thanks for that too I was really worried about that,i was worried that when i tell them everything(i also self harm)that they would want me to go inpatient so thanks for that.

it is hard there is one part of me that really wants to be well but the other wants to hold on to this and not do what they say but hopefuly i will listen to the sensible part!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 pm

User avatar I can see you are battling yourself. You can do it but not alone. So, hang in there, go to your appointment, and keep in touch.
 angelkt - Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 am

Hiya!

thought i would update!I went for mt appt today and was asked every question under the son that i think covered my life story in an hour and a half!!!!
it was pretty mad as I wasnt expecting the questions to cover i think everything that is actuallt possible!!!
they also took blood and urine.
I wasnt actually told what was going to b done just told that there was the option of group cognitive behaivour therapy and something else(which i wouldnt wan to do)or individual in which the waiting list is longer but im not sure what exatly is happening.
he said that they have their meetings on a friday where they discuss cases and i had to make an appt for may 8th so im taking it tht the course of action is decided there maybe and then they tell me?
im glad i got the 1st appt out the way as its alwys the worst i think.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:17 pm

User avatar You are absolutely right and I am so glad you have taken this first HUGE step in the right direction. Thanks for updating us and we will be looking forward to hearing your story as you progress. Congratulations on getting through this important part of your treatment!

Usually the team works together to find the right course of action for you and to be sure you get the right "fit" when it comes to a therapist to help you. Good luck on this journey. May I suggest keeping a journal to record your progress and your feelings along the way? Often writing is therapeutic and later, it helps you to see how far you have come when you read what you wrote before.
 angelkt - Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:50 pm

thank you.
yes i do keep a diary,I have felt reall crap though all night and wanted ti cut tho i havent think maybe as there were so mant questions and i don't like talking about it all in depth cos i was literally my life story!it felt quite intense!
thanks agin though.x
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:56 pm

User avatar I'm sure it was emotionally draining to cover so much ground in a marathon session like that. It's so great that you were able to resist the urge to cut yourself. Healing is hard work - keep it up. Good luck and take care!
 majik1213 - Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm

hey way to go!
my sister's best friend constantly relapses into anorexia .. her life is unbelievably depressing.. serious physical and psychological consequences have come due to her lack of committment with respect to treatment .. I'm so glad to see that you have the power, which you exercise, to stop anorexia's devastating, fatal effects dead cold! Congratulations on your first step, and I hope for the best!
 angelkt - Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:51 am

aw thank you very much!!this sites gtrest for encouragement!
unfortunately since my appt i have dropped in weight-they didnt actauall weigh me at the last appt so im not sure if i should tell them when i go back or just leave it and see if they ask-a couple of pound prob isnt enough to worry about anyway...i dunno..anyway thanks!!!xx
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:02 am

User avatar I would encourage you to be completely honest and open with those who are trying to help you professionally. They will be better able to treat you if they know everything that is going on that relates to your life - everything is connected and our brains are very complex. But, professionals also understand that we are all human and we will make mistakes, make wrong choices occasionally and have setbacks. The trick is to recover from the mistake and go on from there. We can learn from these situations if we confront them head-on. Admit the mistake, forgive yourself for being human and re-commit to doing better next time. You will feel better about it and you will learn that you don't have to be perfect to still make progress. You can do it!

Thanks for sharing. We hope to hear from you throughout your journey to healing.
 angelkt - Thu May 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi me again

Ok so its probably nothing but i want to make sure..
since my appt last week I have lost 3 pound (down to 97)as I have really restricted my eating alot and I have had periods of being tight chested and it has hurt a few times-not for ages but like short sharp kinda pains-obv I am due back next week but I just want to make sure it will be ok till then?
I was gonna go bk to the docs but it put me off the last time this happened and he said 'i hadnt lost eonought weight t be gerring those probs' fair enough I was a bit heavier at about 103 pounds....
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sat May 05, 2007 7:28 pm

User avatar Dear Angel KT:

As you know, anorexia nervosa is a dangerous disease. There are a few signs that are particularly concerning, and I would like you to be aware of them.

1. Loss of menses for at least three months
2. Heart rate less than 60 beats per minute.
3. Development of fine, downy hair all over your body.

These are signs that anorexia is becoming an extreme health risk. I think you should call your doctor as soon as possible to report your symptoms of chest pain.

Thank you for keeping us posted on your condition, and please continue to do so.

Best wishes,

Dr. Eisele
 angelkt - Tue May 08, 2007 1:56 pm

ok so I had my second appt and he said he wants me to do day treatment which is a bit scary!I hace to have an appt with with the manager of the programme to see what its all about...
i wasnt expecting it as at last appt he was just in about therapy!but he said hed spoke to others and this is what they had come up with...this bloke isnt the best and doesnt explain things fabulously so i was wondering what day treatment is all about?
is it everyday??it all a little worrying plus i dunno how id get there everyday as its a bit of a mission...i guess this is things id have to discuss with the woman at the appt.....
he said he was concerned especially as im now down to 94 pound and was 00 2 weeks ago and to be honest it was all a litle unexpected!!!
 Dr. K. Eisele - Wed May 09, 2007 1:09 am

User avatar Dear Angelkt:

I'm very concerned about your continued weight loss. That's six pounds in two weeks. I think that's probably why the day treatment was recommended, and I think it is a good idea also.

In the US, we have day treatment, which means that you go everyday (Monday thru Friday, here, anyway), for about 5 or 6 hours. These kinds of programs here are very popular, because they keep people from needing to be hospitalized. I don't know how things are done where you are, but I'll be very interested to hear all about it.

Please do come back and let us know about this day treatment program.
 angelkt - Thu May 17, 2007 11:11 am

hi again...ok i think i meantioned before that i have endometriosis..i have an operation scheduled for the 28th june.. i was wondering will they have any probs operating??my current weight is 93 pounds which makesmy bmi around 15.4...my pre op is the 8th june...shud i tell them?as the last time they weighed me with my clothes on and had my bmi down as 19 and it was 17.5.......
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sat May 19, 2007 2:35 am

User avatar Angelkt:

It is EXTREMELY important to tell them about your true BMI !!!!!

Because you are malnourished, your body in general is weakened, including your immune system, and the very important electrolytes (calcium, sodium, potassium, chloride, etc.). Surgery is a major stress on the body, and whether you are a 20-something athlete, a 40-something stay-at-home mom, or a young lady with anorexia, your body needs all its available reserves to withstand the surgery and then be able to recover afterwards.

The electrolytes I mentioned above are so important because they regulate how your body responds to various things. For example, if you ran out calcium in your body, you would die very quickly. Many important systems in your body depend on calcium to function. One of those systems is your heart. Calcium is so important to certain organs that if the level of calcium in your blood is low, your body will quickly begin to move calcium out of the bones to maintain the function of vital organs.

Sodium, potassium, and chloride are other equally important electrolytes. If you have too much of one, your heart might stop. Not enough of another, your heart might stop. Likewise, your brain will not function very well, nor will your immune system. If you have surgery and your ability to fight off infections is impaired, you could end up with a life-threatening infection. The infection could be resistant to treatment, because it was acquired while in the hospital. Hospital germs are "supergerms" that tend to be treatable by only the strongest of antibiotics, a combination of antibiotics, or antibiotics that are not as safe as the usual medicines chosen for the same type of infection acquired from a germ that is not resistant.

To complicate matters further, the relative levels of each of the electrolytes is critical for normal functioning. And, to complicate matters EVEN FURTHER, anorexics tend to have fairly slow heart rates because of their malnourished state, which would have an effect on the anesthesia.

It would not at all be safe for you to keep your current health status under wraps. You must tell the surgeon as soon as possible.
 angelkt - Sat May 19, 2007 8:16 am

thank you 4 all that info-my electrlytes have all been checkd(about 3/4 weeks ago)and they were oki think he said everything was ok so wud that make a diff?

I will tell them at the pre op then im just worried tht they wont do the op or say i have to wait cos then every1 will be asking y...making things very awkwad!!! do you think they will??
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sat May 19, 2007 2:10 pm

User avatar Dear Angelkt:

Electrolytes can change day to day. They need to be re-checked.

I don't know what their response will be. I know that if I were a surgeon, though, and operated on you without knowing this information, and surgery did no go well, I would be very upset that you kept it from me. It would also leave me open to a malpractice lawsuit, and could potentially ruin my career, even though it would have been your fault. How awkward is that?

Do you really want to be responsible for that?

Please disclose this information openly and truthfully.
 angelkt - Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 pm

ok thanks i will defo tell them then on the 8th when I go for the pre op-thanks because I might not have said anyhting if i hadnt spoken to you!!!
I will let you know what is said
x
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat May 19, 2007 7:47 pm

User avatar Complete honesty with all your doctors is absolutely critical if you are to be healed. I'm glad to see you will be talking with them about this. Good luck.
 angelkt - Mon May 28, 2007 8:36 am

Hi me again!!
ok so had my appt last week and there is a waiting list for day care of between 2 and 3 months....plus he has dwindled my chek ups till then to 4 weekly...the thing is in the week since I have been sooo much has happened-I ended up telling my mom and my nan found out-then 2 days later my step mo and dad found out by accident by a text message being sent to the wrong person!!
I have also found some stuff out about my dad which has discusted me and ive had converstaions about things that i totally never ever thought I would have so i am stressed out beyond belief-my weight has dropped to 91 pound making my bmi around 15 i thinkso I was just wondering if i have the 'right'if you like to ask it to be bought 4wad as I feel like i cant cope very well atm...also the last few days ive been feeling not too good and the past 2 morning I have taken my heart rate which has been around 45-is this normal in the morning??it does go up during the day but I think the lowest it had been previous to this week is about 55 so i was just wondering?sorry to ramble!!
 Dr. K. Eisele - Mon May 28, 2007 3:37 pm

User avatar Dear Angeltkt:

It seems to me that when you first wrote to us a month ago, you weighed about 100 pounds. You have lost 9 pounds in one month.

Your heart rate is now down to 45 in the a.m.; these are signs that you are in danger of becoming severely ill. A heart rate of less than 60 is only healthy in the best of athletes, below 50 is not healthy for anyone. When your pulse goes below 50, your brain is not able to get enough nutrients and oxygen, and to solve its problem, will try to increase the blood pressure to make up for it. This is a bad thing to do because it increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. You could be left with life-long disabilities, or worse, YOU COULD DIE, because of this.

I think you need help right now. You should go to the hospital immediately and tell them EVERYTHING, including the 9 pound weight loss, slow heart rate, planned surgery, etc.

Please, please, go tell your mother and ask her to drive you to the emergency room! Do it now!
 angelkt - Mon May 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi
I actually only just got this and its now midnight so I havent been but I have eaten alot more today than i normally would and shock horror I do feee better for it but I think I will ring my phych tomo and try and see if I can bring the appt forward to be honest I didnt think It would be that serious as I havent felt really really ill just very tired and that...so i was a bit shocked by your respnse!
thank you for replying as usual I will defo keep an eye on it now that i know it isnt right as I just thought it may have bee the fact I had just woken up maybe..so thnk you again.
katie
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:53 am

User avatar Dear AngelKt:

How are you? I wanted to check in to see if anything has changed/developed or even stabilized.

Please do let us know.
 angelkt - Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:36 pm

hi
aww thats real nice of you things are pretty much the same tbh ive still gotta wait bout a month for day care.all my familt have found out in the last wek i guess its pretty obv!lol
m bmi is 14.6 and my mom rekons they can section me for that but i doubt it cos the last time i had an appt it was 15 and they didnt really say anything cos my blood etc was fine...
katie.x
 angelkt - Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:19 am

just thought id pop in and say Hello!
I have my appt today,im still waiting to hear when I will start day care so I will ask him today how much longer..
my last appt was 4 weeks ago..i cant remember how much i weighed 4 weeks ago but I dint hink ive lost that much compared to oter times..im 90 pounds now...
i need to speak to him cos my memories a mess..i sorted out payment planes for my debts but ive forgat to pay them twice so theyve cancelled it it wasnt on purpose I just totally keep forgetting stuff!!!
any way hope is all ok ill post later if he says anything which is worth telling!
 angelkt - Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:20 am

oh aloso I forgot to say I had my pre op and they didnt even mention my weight-i told them taht i have anorexia but nothing was said so im having the op next weds.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 am

User avatar A most serious danger with anorexia is that it can mess up your electrolytes in your body, which are crucial for correct functioning of all parts of the body. Our bodies rely on electrical impulses to keep the heart, muscles, brain, etc. functioning properly. Without the right foods and fluids, your body gets out of balance and nothing works right, including your brain and memory. Hopefully you will be able to make real progress in this area and by correcting the anorexia problems, you can feel much better in all areas. Good luck!
 angelkt - Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:34 pm

hiya
just to say I had my appt and im starting day patient around the 10th july-my heart sort of sank as ive known that I am going but not ACTUALLY known that im going if thats makes sense it makes it a bit final when you get a date!!so im scrared and not overjoyed but i know i need to do this so hopefully it will be ok..im looking 4wad to it in the respect of meeting other people who are the same i think that will be good...
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:56 pm

User avatar Dear Angelkt:

I'm so glad to hear it! I think it will be good for you to be able to share your experiences and feelings with others who also have eating disorders. They will understand what you've gone through.

You need to be sure to keep your weight up as much as possible between now and then, though. The last time you mentioned your weight, you were at 90 pounds--I hope you haven't dropped anymore weight.

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date!
 angelkt - Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:45 pm

hi
I had my op on thurs so im starting day care next week insead of monday s it really knocked me about.im not happy at all either b/c ive gone up to 97 pounds-even though i know that cant poss be weight gain in the space of a day and its swelling my brain is still trying to convince me otherwise!!!
katie
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:25 pm

User avatar Katie:

You're right--it is just swelling. On the other hand, if it were true weight gain, you would still be far from overweight. The truth is, you are still dangerously underweight. I am glad you will be starting the day program soon. In the meantime, rest up and take care of yourself!
 angelkt - Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 pm

Hiya!
I wanted to post to see what you though about these comments I got today from the dietician...
I started day care yesterday and its hard and stuff but I have eaten everything ive been given which i think is quite good ben as the breakfast alone is prob what id have in a whole day but today the dietician asked me what I ate when i got home..I was honest and said a few biscuits but i purged...
her response to that was
'oh well if your going to do that at home then we have have to ask why your here really'
that seemed really harsh considering it was my 1st day and I havent really spoken to anyone!!
I ried to explain that the breakfast alone there is more i would normally have,my bf woeks late and so eating times on the eve im alons and she said 'well just see how there 2 weeks asessment go but you may get to the end of it and realise it just not the right time for you to do it which happens sometimes'
I felt like sayinh give me a bloody chance!!!!
then for tomos breakfast it was a choice of 3 cereal similar to wheatabix which i don't like so i asked if i could swap it for something else and she said she would see what she cud do-she came bcak saying she couldn as it would stir other people up which i can understand but she said 'its all about challenges' which i thought was abit silly as eeven if i was well i wouldnt eat it cos i don't like it as people don't eat things they don't like but then she said again 'you do want to be here don't you?'
i just feel really deflated to be honest and now i feel im just going to have to lie about what ive eaten at home b/c of her reaction today when i told her the truth.....
 Dr. K. Eisele - Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:47 pm

User avatar Dear Katie:

Why is it that you have to talk to the dietician? Is there a therapist there that talks to you and the others there about overcoming the eating disorder?

If so, then what does the dietician think she's doing? She isn 't licensed to do psychotherapy is she? I think you should inform your therapist about this dietician.

Please don't give up on the program, and please do continue to be honest. Give her a second chance just like you would like her to do for you. Even though YOU are the patient and she should know better, maybe you can teach her something so she'll be better at her job.

Dr. Eisele
 angelkt - Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:02 pm

im so glad you said that as i thought it was just me!!
I don't think i get to see anyone until after my 2 week asessment which i think is odd and also more unfair that these comments were made as i just seem to be there eating and then coming home.....
I had a word with my named nurse today and told her i cut last night and i finding it tough going home dealing with it alone and she said 'so are you saying day care isnt working for you?'i was like no!then she said how i really want to have to do it or they cant help and they have a long waiting list...i feel like people are getting me all wrong and i don't know why its meaking me doub wether i am act ready cos i still have the side that doesnt want to gain weight but i thought that was normal im so cofused tired and worn out!
 Dr. K. Eisele - Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:56 am

User avatar Dear Katie:

Please don't give up!

A lot of nurses are burnt out--I would imagine that in that particular specialty (eating disorders), it might be very difficult to be a nurse. Not that this excuses anything, but I suppose that seeing smart young ladies all the time who are starving themselves to death because they think they are fat would be frustrating.

I think the best thing for you to do is keep going, first of all, and next, keep a journal. Write down everything that you're thinking, when you run into these folks who are maybe less enthusiastic than you'd expect them to be. Also, write down your feelings about your weight, why this is difficult, your feelings about cutting before, during, and after, and save it for your therapist.

It is normal not to want to gain weight because of our messed up society. What is not normal is starving yourself to the point that you have because you think you are fat when clearly you are not.

Keep trying, Katie, you can do this!
 angelkt - Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:41 am

hi
ok update-i don't think its gonna work there seems to be no logic...
Im eating while im there but am finding it too hard when im at hme cos im thinkin bout what ive eaten there so it makes it harder to eat at home.
I am feeling abs *****,suicidal feelings are back and i havent felt like this in ages...
I told them all this all they keep saying is ''but you need to do it at home,u need to challenge your thoughts'' but i know all this already!!!
I asked if it was after the 2 week asessment to see phycologist and she said that the day patients don't usually see them as day care is based on getting back in to a pattern of eating and the groups they put on....i was like what??an she goes 'why do you think you need to see someone?i felt like goig ''hmmm let me think about that!!!' so she booked an asessment for me 4 next week but only cos i asked which just makes me feel even more that i don't need to be there...
also another girl with a bmi of 14 was discharged testerday cos shes not eating enough when she gets home-b/caccording to them that shows some ones not willing which makes abs no sense to me what so ever so i don't think they are going to keep me on anyway after next week..its mad and totally not what i thought it would be about....
 Dr. K. Eisele - Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:09 pm

User avatar Katie:

I don't understand it either. On the other hand, you do have an appt with a psychologist soon, so you can get some explanations then.

Please don't give up until you see the psychologist. I'm hoping there is a logical explanation for all this, and that once your questions are answered, things will make more sense.

Was there some kind of orientation the first day you were there? A session where you got to ask questions or they at least told you how the program works, what they expect of you, etc.

Don't let the thoughts of suicide get too close before you get help. I care about you and I bet there are others around you that also care. Suicide is not the answer.
 angelkt - Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 pm

hiya
they told me about therapy and stuff i think so i don't get it...
i have had half the pshycology asessment but we didnt have time to fin it so that will prob be sumtime this week
im just not coping well at all me and my fiance are really strained and he doesnt know if he wants to be with me anymore which is devasting and def not helping the eeating at home situation they jusy keep saying thati cant let stress interruot my eating and i need to chalenemy thoughts(i swear if i hear that 1nce more) i just vant deal with the whole half my time there and half my time at home its like im stuck somewhere in the middle as when im therei comply and feel like iwant to do it but the i get home and i don't and its really conf but if you tell them that that tke it in a negative way.im wondering wether im act ready to do this right now i don't know...
my cutting has got worse and i feel ***** tha i have done in ages ad i just don't know wether its worth feeling like this for...
ive even thought if i was inpatient it would be easier but obv thats notmy choice and i guess im not'bad enough'
i don't know what to do really...
 angelkt - Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 pm

hiya
i don't know what to do really...
 Dr. K. Eisele - Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:36 am

User avatar Katie:

If you had been in my region, I would have put you in inpatient weeks ago. There was a post a while back wondering about involuntary admission, and I'm pretty sure you responded to it also. If you recall, I wrote:

"...the individual is unable to care for his/her needs due to psychiatric illness. In this situation, the individual is said to be gravely disabled. When one is gravely disabled, they are indeed dangerous to themselves by not being able to adequately care for their basic needs. This would include refusal to consume adequate nutrition so as to maintain their health."

There are other situations as well, but the one above is the one that applies to you.

Now, add on that you feel depressed and that you have been cutting, and the cutting has been getting worse.

I think it is time for you to go to the hospital, Katie. Please get help before it is too late.
 angelkt - Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:56 am

hiya
god i wish we had docs like you here!!!!
I havnt gone in to day care today b/c i just feel so drained and disheartened I saw the day care doctor yest and he said to me
'you know u really do need to start challenging yourself and at least try'
that REALLY annoyed me!!i was like 'what are you saying i don't?do you see me at home?no.. i think that a really unfair comment actually'
and then he said 'its just if day patienty doesnt work for you then we really dot have many other options,i mean there ios inpatient but im not sure that that is the right thing for you or wether you really need that'
he may aswell have said to me 'yes you are bigger than every1 here like you thought from the start and your really not that bad'
its such a load of crap...so it looks like i wont be there either next week or the wek after and i will just be given outpatient services...as if thats going to do any good!i just feel like giving up...its so frustrating.
i hope you don't mind me rantingto you all the time but i think your the only proffessional that ive spoke to that actually listens!!
 Dr. K. Eisele - Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:18 am

User avatar Dear Katie:

Do you journal? Some people get kind of a bad attitude about this activity, but if it's done right, then it is invaluable. Here are some tips to make it work.

1. Relax, this is not a novel--don't worry about grammar or whether it's interesting, or how it might look if someone read it. This is your record, yhour personal thoughts; it's for you and only you.

2. Try to write everyday, but if you just can't, now and then, don't worry about it, just try again the next day. It does help to have a particular time of day set aside for this activity

3. Don't censor yourself! Generally, the first version of whatever you write is the best for the purposes of journalling to get at the innermost problem. When you feel up to it, go back and read it. What you find might be very revealing!

4. The best way to get the most out of journalling is to do it on a computer. That way, you can write faster and with less effort than pen and paper. You can also usually feel more secure that no one will stumble upon it and read it. At one point in my training, I kept a journal and naturally, I wanted to keep it to myself. I gave it a file name that no one would ever think to open.

So, Katie, since the day treatment is not working out, I think journalling might be a good way to supplement your outpatient therapy. I wish you'd had a better experience with the day program.
 angelkt - Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:13 pm

hiya!yes i do journal tho its sort of not as often since i started this place but im defo gonna start again.
thank you for yur help all the time and i will keep you updated!x
 angelkt - Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:13 am

hi thought i would drop by.
well things are plodding along imannoyed cos i didnt think inp wasgoing to happen i bought a chihuahua which ive always wanted and hes helpedkeep me occupied but now i went to my appt yest and she said imcause for concern and and i either do it onmy own or img onna have to go inp soon im at 88/89 pounds but its only like a 2 pound diff from wen i was saying i wanted to it annoys me cos now i don't wanna go in cos i don't wanna leave mydog :-(
 Dr. K. Eisele - Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:04 am

User avatar Dear Katie:

I understand what you're saying.

On the other hand, I'll bet you would be even more annoyed if you ended up so sick that you had to leave your dog for a really long time. Think how your dog would feel, too.

I'm glad you've got a new friend. Pets are truly therapeutic--the great thing is that it isn't really that hard to get someone to give you a hand taking care of it while you take care of yourself.

I know that you can make the right choice to overcome this. If your doctor tells you to go inpatient, I think you'll see that it has to be that way.

I continue to hope for the best for you.
 angelkt - Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:28 pm

thanks
yeah your right,well I am defo going incosmy weight has dropped to 85 pounds and i have beenput on the list an told it should be in the nextcouple of weeks.I know i need to do this but i cant help thinking that every1 there is alot thinner thanme,i mean i know if sum1said to me there bmi was 14.2 a while ago i wuda been ***** but i guess it has just become the norm 4 me and its hard forme to get my headround.
thanks again for allyour help.x
 Dr. K. Eisele - Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:29 am

User avatar Dear Katie:

Hooray!! Good for you!

Keep us posted.

|