Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Effexor XR side effects

hhoward1013 - Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:20 pm

I am a 27 year old female. I have a dx of GAD and Depression. I started taking Effexor XR 13 days ago. I started out at 75mg for 6 days and am now up to 112.5mg for the past 7 days. I am having side effects that include (nervousness, tremor, dizziness, severe drowsiness, jaw clenching) The drowsiness wasn't bad the first 6 days but now that I went up to 112.5 it is terrible, I can hardly keep my eyes open during the day. I did start to take the med at night instead of in the morning. I do feel better as far as my constant anxiety and depression. I still feel foggy minded though. I am able to function a little bit better but today was a bad day for me so it has me a bit concerned because I did so good for about 6 days straight. My questions are,
Will the side effects go away eventually?
Are these pretty normal side effects?
When will I be able to think clearly?
I have been in touch with my Pshyc doc and he believes this will all pass. Thank you so much ahead of time!
Heather
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:23 pm

User avatar These can be normal side effects of effexor. Each person responds differently to medications so some have certain side effects and others have different concerns. However, in most cases people are able to adapt to the medication within a couple of weeks. I'm glad to hear you have informed your doctor about these things. It is important to keep him/her informed in case the problems become more serious. If you don't adjust in a couple of weeks on the medication, you may be a candidate for a different prescription so let you doctor know if this continues. Good luck.

|