Question: Where do I turn?

krona - Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:53 pm

Can someone please help me. I am suffering with Chronic Stress. I know what is causing my stress. I am constantly distracted by thought. Every action I perform which includes throwing a cigarette out tends to easily distract me with a negative thought pattern which eventually leads back to something negative. I do this with EVERYTHING, and I mean everything! I have been in cognitive behavioral therapy. But the first problem is during the therapy i was constantly distracted by my thoughts and lost tune to the whole thing and the whole time they were treating me for anxiety and depression. I do have anxiety. I do not have depression. Anyway back to the thought things. My thoughts always lead me back to a negative situation that I was in and it causes me stress. Sometimes I am able to stop those patterns dead in their tracks but its so frequent that it tires me out mentally. Each time it happens I get stress and I can't stay out of stress. When I am at ease, my mind takes control and I stress all through my sleep and wake up stressed and wham another day full of stress. This is a vicious cycle and I want out and the problem is, I don't know where to turn. Where do I find a type of therapy for this sort of thing. Also, because I am under so much stress I have a constant tension headache which impairs me mentally, so I try to function under my stress and I can't think straight and then I stress myself out more because I can't think straight. Does anyone have any suggestions on whom to call for help? Is there anything that can bring my functioning brain functioning back to normal without doing anything like drinking or anything? Thank you ever so much,

Krona
 krona - Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:51 pm

When I say negative thoughts, what I'm actually referring to is that the things that I do takes me back to a bad memory which causes me stress.

|