News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: I think I am being followed by people with secret powers

Shafiq - Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 pm

AGE 23
SEX male
Diagnosis clinical depression and borderline personality disorder
history of chest pains and isolation and poland syndrome
current medication 45 mg mirthazapine

I think i m being followed by people and i think everyone who deals with me is connected to that secret power.. i m a muslim and i think that someone is trying to get me in trouble and i go to mosque once a week to get away from troubles in my life but i think my going to mosque and being muslim is putting me in trouble.....i think my phone is being listened to and i m suspicious of my neighbours and my friends and everyone that i know....wen someone is talkin to me i think the person is trying to convey hidden messages..or wen he is making a joke i think his joke is targeted at me....i m aware of the fact that these things that are happening to me might not be true as i suffer from depression but then again they seem so real ...i mistrust every person around me bcos i think people either take advantage of me or they might put me in trouble..but i still keep myself calm and try to act normal as much as i can but somtimes i think that i might think that i act normal but other people will notice my abnormality.....can a doctor pleez tell me what is my problem and if these things can be really happening to someone.........i m a very intelligent guy otherwise ..i m on a part time course and my teachers say i m doing well but i m scared i might go deeper in these thoughts and feelings and might end up schezophrenic..
thank u on advance
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:45 am

User avatar I would strongly recommend that you be evaluated by a qualified psychiatric professional. There are often crisis centers that can see patients on a walk-in basis rather than having to wait for an appointment.

Symptoms of paranoia can be associated with schizophrenia but they can also be symptoms of other illnesses. It is likely that there is a treatment that can help or significantly improve your symptoms.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here