News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: already tried 3 antidepressant and pain meds

fergie2000 - Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:32 pm

I'm a female in my med twenties. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety on and off since I was 17. I don't believe there is a family history, but I don't know much about my dad's side of the family. I have tried 3 different types of antidepressants. Welbutrin gave me sleeping problems and paxil and zoloft did nothing. I have had blood work and it always comes back normall. I think I'm in good health, no medical problems. The sad thing is I can't think what cause me to become depressed so I can't figure out to over come it. I was very active in sports when I was 17 and did not do any drugs. The only time I think something helped is when I was given pain meds for a back/shoulder problem. Why did those help and not the antidepressants? What can I do to feel better?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:19 pm

User avatar I would recommend a complete psychiatric exam by a mental health professional. Combination problems such as anxiety and depression (with possibly other issues as well) can be very complex and it can take a while to get a good response to treatment. For this reason it is important to be persistent and patient in your quest for health.

I would also recommend a book called "When Your Body Gets the Blues" by Marie-Annette Brown and Jo Robinson. There are some good techniques here that anyone can use both with and without medications. It may help you better understand what is going on with your body - remember the mind is part of the body and there are physical concerns as well as emotional. It is important to get the neurotransmitters working properly for good health.

Good luck with this. Please keep us informed on your progress too.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here