News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Effexor not working anymore!

sad and depressed - Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi,
im 16yo with social anxiety disorder.
I have benn on effexor for about 2 months. My doctor started me at 35.5mg a day for a week one the sample packs, then up to 75.5 and i was feeling fine but when i got up to 225mg then 300mg it dosn't seem to work anymore. Wene i was on the ssmaller dose i felt so energized and always on the go but now im depressed again and it almost back to school were i skiped becasue my anxiety was severe! What do i do Dr's?
Oh and 1 more thing im also on Rispiradone witch i take 2-4 tablets before bedtime......could that be whats affecting it. thanks.
 sad and depressed - Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:25 pm

yea ok thanks for anwsering.

anyway my mom phoned the pharmacie and they told her it wasn't working because it was a generic Effexor and now my only problem is.....im taking 300mg a day and its not working as good as if i took only 150mg a day.
Q1.can over medicateing make it not work.

Q2.Whats the best way to take Effexor to get better results IE: take with food.

Q3. How should i take Rispiradone and Effexor to get better results(all in morning or at night)

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!! thanx
 sad and depressed - Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 pm

sad and depressed wrote:yea ok thanks for anwsering.

anyway my mom phoned the pharmacie and they told her it wasn't working because it was a generic Effexor and now my only problem is.....so now i got the real ones and im taking 300mg a day and its not working as good as if I took only 150mg a day.
Q1.
can over medicateing make it not work.

Q2.
Whats the best way to take Effexor to get better results IE: take with food.

Q3. How should I take Rispiradone and Effexor to get better results(all in morning or at night)

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!! thanx

Dr. K. Eisele - Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:36 pm

User avatar Dear Sad and Depressed:

Yes, it is possible to over-medicate, which will not help your symptoms of depression. Most people have the best luck with Effexor when they take it with food. Effexor (XR form) can be taken all at once, preferably in the morning. Risperidone really needs to be taken twice a day.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here