Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Effexor not working anymore!

sad and depressed - Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:23 pm

im 16yo with social anxiety disorder.
I have benn on effexor for about 2 months. My doctor started me at 35.5mg a day for a week one the sample packs, then up to 75.5 and i was feeling fine but when i got up to 225mg then 300mg it dosn't seem to work anymore. Wene i was on the ssmaller dose i felt so energized and always on the go but now im depressed again and it almost back to school were i skiped becasue my anxiety was severe! What do i do Dr's?
Oh and 1 more thing im also on Rispiradone witch i take 2-4 tablets before bedtime......could that be whats affecting it. thanks.
 sad and depressed - Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:25 pm

yea ok thanks for anwsering.

anyway my mom phoned the pharmacie and they told her it wasn't working because it was a generic Effexor and now my only problem is.....im taking 300mg a day and its not working as good as if i took only 150mg a day.
Q1.can over medicateing make it not work.

Q2.Whats the best way to take Effexor to get better results IE: take with food.

Q3. How should i take Rispiradone and Effexor to get better results(all in morning or at night)

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!! thanx
 sad and depressed - Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 pm

sad and depressed wrote:yea ok thanks for anwsering.

anyway my mom phoned the pharmacie and they told her it wasn't working because it was a generic Effexor and now my only problem is.....so now i got the real ones and im taking 300mg a day and its not working as good as if I took only 150mg a day.
Q1.
can over medicateing make it not work.

Q2.
Whats the best way to take Effexor to get better results IE: take with food.

Q3. How should I take Rispiradone and Effexor to get better results(all in morning or at night)

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!! thanx

Dr. K. Eisele - Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:36 pm

User avatar Dear Sad and Depressed:

Yes, it is possible to over-medicate, which will not help your symptoms of depression. Most people have the best luck with Effexor when they take it with food. Effexor (XR form) can be taken all at once, preferably in the morning. Risperidone really needs to be taken twice a day.

|