News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Scared of Someone who Shouts and insult me

Anaaby - Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:10 am

hi i am 23 yrs old female

i never been diagnose with any psycological doctor

i have not been done any surgeries before

i heard from my mum that the genetic of our family have possibilty of having suger from my dad side but from mum and dad side is psycological problem.

i have this habit that when ever adult people who are 10 years older that me scream and insult me i get firghtened and cannot defense my self, even if they are part of my family,

in the end i think of running far away from them and forget that they exist, is this mean i am going to be afraid and cannot defense my self for the rest of my life.

please advice me what to do
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:43 pm

User avatar It is possible you could overcome this problem with the help of some therapy that would involve assertiveness training. Being assertive is not the same as being aggressive (the latter being a more negative behavior). It is also possible that you may suffer from some anxiety disorder which might also respond well to medication in addition to therapy.

At any rate, I do not see this as a lifelong affliction unless you don't try to get help for it. Good luck.
 Anaaby - Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:47 am

Thank you very much for the help, i never thought that i would get a respond so easily, thats amazing, yet i need an advice, i know no one in my family care if get panic they will just look and laugh at me simply when i panic.

honestly i have been harressed twice and never mentioned to my parents, thats because i thought if i tell them what happen to me, all i will get is insulted e.g: why didnt you take a samrt action you where so stupid or you are such a weak person.

so beside what i mentioned can i know where i can get the therapy that you mentioned and the medicaton as well.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here