News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Proviron (Schering) uses and interactions

ghori1232000 - Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:36 am

my age is 28.i m male.what is the uses of medicine proviron(schering).is it hamrful for health.i m using cipralex(escitalopram) 20 mg per day and kemadrin(procyclidine hcl) 5 mg per day and
risperdal(risperidone eur. p) 2mg per day.
can i use proviron(schering) with the medicines which i am using(cipralex,kemadrin,risperdal)
 Dr. K. Eisele - Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:04 am

User avatar Dear Ghori1232000:

Hang on! I'm not ignoring you...I will have to look up your medications because I'm unfamiliar with these names. Medications are commonly marketed under different brand names in different countries.
 ghori1232000 - Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:14 pm

i am from asia.
 ghori1232000 - Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:27 pm

r u ever hear the multinational company pfizer. cipralex is its product.its generic name is escitalopram.
r u ever hear about gsk(glaxosmithkline).
kemadrin is its product.its generic name is procyclidine hcl.
r u ever hear about schering.
proviron is its product.its generic name is
Mesterolone.
 ghori1232000 - Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:38 pm

i am ill and i m using this medicines for treatement
of schizophrenia,panic disorder,i also have social phobia.i cant go any place.i feal depresion.
i also have anxiety.i feal very bad and horible in night
after 8:00 pm.please pray for me.
 Dr. K. Eisele - Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:53 am

User avatar Dear Ghori1232000:

When I looked up mesterolone (Proviron), I found out that it is an anabolic steroid, usually used for bodybuilding. I haven't heard anything about Proviron in particular, however, I do know that steroids in particular can have very unpredictable effects on behavior. Furthermore, anabolic steroids can be dangerous.

Procyclidine is used to counteract the side effects of antipsychotic medications, in your case, of risperidone.

Escitalopram, of course, is Lexapro (here in the US), an SSRI considered a very effective treatment for depression and anxiety.

As far as procyclidine, risperidone, and escitalopram are concerned, I see no particular problems with that combination. Mesterolone, I think, could be problematic for someone with anxiety, schizophrenia, and now, depression.

I think the first step would be to re-evaluate the need for mesterolone.

Hope this helps!
 ghori1232000 - Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:02 am

i have some sexual problem.
and also i don't have interest in sex.
doctor tell me to use Mesterolone.
so i wanted to know that can it be helpful.
please tell me.
the doctor tell me that it don't have have any side effects so i wanted to know that is it this medicine help me or i can use Mesterolone with my other
medicines.
just tell me the side effect of this medicine.
is it very dangerous for life.
thanks you doctor for replay i Appreciate
it.
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:54 pm

User avatar Dear ghori1232000:

I'm afraid I really don't know much about mesterolone specifically. What I do know is that it is an anabolic steroid, a class of medications that must be used with extreme caution because they can cause psychotic symptoms indistinguishable from those of schizophrenia. They can also cause a breakdown of your immune system. Again, I don't know anything about mesterolone specifically, because it is not available in the US.
 ghori1232000 - Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:30 am

Thanks

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here