Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: nardil effects

billybaxter - Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:58 am

Hi i was wondering if anyone has tried this anti d. I sufer from social phobia and mild deppression and am reserching the best anti d for this. Nardil looks ok but has many restriction on your diet.I have taken prozac and paxil before and didn't feel good effects. Any information on what works for sp would be helpfull before i revisit my doc would help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:46 pm

It is recommended that Nardil be used if other, safer drugs fail. This particular type of medication can be complicated, as you noted, because it interacts with foods, beverages and medications. I would discuss this with your psychiatrist. It may be the right medication for you but the doctor may want to try some of the other SSRIs first. It is important to give a new drug weeks to months to determine effectiveness so it requires lots of patience. I would also recommend that you get some psychotherapy as well to help you learn to cope with this problem.

Best wishes for your health.

|