News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Loosing my mind

chm1970 - Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Im a male 36 yrs of age doctor says Im bipolar but I disagree with him ,I feel like Im going crazy I have been forgeting things and confused its like im getting stupid.I ve been getting depressed alot lately for no reason Im always tired no energy. Ive been taking paxil 20mg it work for a while but i ve been noticing changes in my moods when i was 21 i was on seniqiun also back in 2004 i started taking zyprexa it seem to work it was like i was smart like it open a new door in my brain but I had to stop taking it cost to much sorry im all over the place my mind goes like a 100mph hr some times I have to take xanax so I can get a good night sleep. My sex life is good my wifes happy it goes up and doesnt want to go down i have anxiety bad .If you have any info please tell me something
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:58 pm

User avatar Hi Chm1970,

I would strongly recommend you follow up with your psychiatrist/psychologist to help in finding a good treatment for you. There are a few different things that can present similar to bipolar disorder.

Your writing here seems a bit pressured that can be a symptom of a manic or hypomanic (more mild manic) state. Unfortunately, diagnosis of such conditions via the internet is very difficult.

Your doctor is really in the best position to help you find the proper treatment.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here