News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Strange marijuana effects

dewaholic - Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:46 am

I am female, when I was 2 I had a concussion from a car accident. A couple years ago I had a seizure: I had seizures after the head injury & the doctors said it could come back any time in my life & that was the 1 time it came back.

Anyway, back when I was 17 I first smoked pot. I had a reaction to it like I haven't heard of before. It made me tingly from head to toe. I couldn't stay still. I was basically freaking out about things. Acting real wierd etc. I quit with no problem. 11 years later, I smoked it again. Same thing. I swear I will never smoke it ever again. But I'm wondering, why do I have this strange reaction to this drug, when nobody else does?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:41 pm

User avatar Hi Dewaholic,

One of the things that makes drugs (including prescription drugs) dangerous is that there is usually a very small percentage of people that will react adversely to the drug.

It sounds like you are one of those that react severely to marijuana. I'm not sure of the exact reason for your feeling the way you do.

As you've suggested, I would recommend you avoid further use.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here