News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Physical and Psychological affect of rape victim

Minh Nhat - Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:05 pm

I've come over a case which I cannot resolve.... I would be grateful for some advice and scientific proof if possible ...Thank you.

A asian 23 yrs old lady claimed that she was raped when she was only about 8 years old by a 21yrs old .... Despite the fact that she was the only child yet her mother didn't notice anything until her strict parent bid her from seeing her boyfriend that she told them... They are now planning on her marriage next year.....

My argument is that is it possible for a 21 yrs old to rape an 8 yrs old without any injury? And psychologically is it possible for her to get on with her love life unaffected?
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:47 pm

No, it is not possible for injury to not occur during rape between 21 year old and 8 year old, but the injuries could be hidden. If the daughter did not tell, the mother either may not have seen the injuries if the daughter was bathing herself - or the mother may have attributed any obvious injuries as childhood accidents or yeast infection.

Even if no physical damage was done the psychological and emotional damage will still be there, somewhere, and could emerge at any moment.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here