News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Antidepressants - suicide?

shandifoster03 - Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:22 pm

For the past six months, every day, I have been experiencing stressful symptoms. Disorientation, confusion, distorted vision, I have numbness and tingling in my arms and face, I have severe headaches all over my head, I have feeling of unreality like my arms aren't really there, or like I'm not really here. I feel like I'm going crazy and keep thinking of killing myself to take these feelings away. I have problems hearing and speaking clearly. I also sometimes forget who my family members are and where I am. My thoughts do not come together well anymore and I have hot flashes atleast 3 times a day. I am 19 years old, suffer from irregular periods and am now taking Paroxetine 20 mg which are not doing any good (have been on them since March 2004). I feel like I need to go admit myself into a behavioral unit. Please if anyone knows what this could possibly be, let me know. My doctors don't believe there is anything wrong, but haven't ran any tests on me what so ever. PLEASE HELP, I AM MISERABLE!!!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:38 am

User avatar Hello,
Please take the time to read antidepressants_suicide/index.htm" class="postlink">this article. Paroxetine has been associated with worsening of depression and increased risk of suicide in teens. You should discuss the possibility of changing Paroxetine with your doctor in the wake of the new FDA warnings.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here