Question: Is it depression and anxiety?

Boricua2 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:18 pm

I am a 23 year old female. Mother of two with a husband of 5 years. I have never been dignosed with depression or anxiety but he has told me I have. I never have energy to play with my kids. I cry for any little thing that makes me upset or I cant stand. I can hardly sleep at night. I just want to it go away what could this be? My mom has anxiety and so does her two sisters and on my fathers side he killed himself because of depression. What should I do. I just don't feel right talking to someone face to face I feel like they'll make fun of me.
 Dr. K. Eisele - Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:37 pm

User avatar Dear Boricua2:

There are many, many people who have been in exactly the same place as you. It is hard to talk about depression--you don't want others to think you are "crazy," but yet, you feel all alone.

Depression is a very serious disease that, as you know, can be terminal (by suicide). Since you have suicide in your family history, you too are at risk for this tragedy. The good news is that depression is very treatable; there are many safe and effective medications for it.

Call your physician without delay, the sooner you get started on some treatment, the better you will feel.

Please come back and let us know...

|