Question: i hate sleeping,im afraid of sleeping,pls help me

RAWEYA - Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:39 pm

its a little bit complicated..so pls i don't get mad at me cos it will be a little bit long..
i am a female 20 years old,i was born and lived in kuwait ..when i was 3 kuwait was invaded by iraqi troops and i was there..i can remeber all the things that happened to us that year with a specific days and incidents that my dad cant memorize..but when i remind him about smthing he remember it.. i cant sleep i always see nightmares relating to wars guns dead bodies blood ..the gon shots in the sky .. whenever i look at the sky i hear it all the time.. i cant look to the sky coz it will reminds me of it .. i cant sleep.. i hate sleeping ..and i hate bed .. i don't sleep for three days and sometimes four drinking alot of coffee..well sometimes i don't need help coz my body is use to stay awake for a long time .
there was an incident that i cant forget,one day i was sleeping and i geard a very loud gon shots so i woke up and i ws moving my hand in the dark searching for my mom and day or my brother and sister but i coulnt find any..
i heard it again so in one move i found my self infront of the door , i just jumped..
i was thinking where are they? are they dead??i thought di i have to search on our bedroon or go down stares? i made my decision and i ran towards the stares closing my eyes so hit my dad he was there with the others looking from a window he hold me (and he shouldnt have) i looke through the window and it was the first time for me to see the a real gon shots in the sky it was like an orange dots ,i asked him: dad is that a got shots??he replyed just like that: no sweety its the stars, i asked him does the stars make voices??he did not answer me , and he left me on the chair behind the window and they just left me there looking..
from that day i started to see my first nightmare it was a man with bloods on his face runing after me i hear the gon shots and i can see it in the sky ..the strange thing that at the end i see myself in an appartement that we will live there in the real life after 3 years from that years!!any way i don't know if i saw that man from the window while i was looking but im quite sure that it was after that day..
i can stil see that dream till today,also there are some strange smells that i used to smell it in that year and now i can smell it but nobody can if im walking in the street and i smell somthing i ask my dad well i kno that smell i use to smell it when i was 3 years old in that year so he say i don't smell anything!!
there was a bridge near the appartement and they use to burn somthings on it
now when i walk under that bridge i can smell it and they don't. i sware to them that i doo but they don't believe me!!
i hated alot of things: the sky,stars,certain foods,gardens(its another story),the
orange color...etc
im always angry,sad,nervous,i have headache since i was five i have no idea if its from lack of sleepness or not,i cry alot..specially when wthe sun goes and i see the moon and that means that bed time is close , i cry alot when i setdown on my bed coz i am afraid,the dreams not only terrible but it seems sooooo real,
i can make a thrill movie serious from my dreams coz i simply remember it all.. pls help me coz i started to feel that my heart will stop, if i get up suddenly i feel that my heart will explode.. i feel a very sharp pain in my chest , however its rare to wake up , i hope to wake up from it just to make sure that i am dreaming and its not real..
another thing that im suffering from is that anything that bothers me always translated into a bad dream for example lets say i hate schools i always see my slef in a shool dealing with bad students or teachers,,like that.
however simetimes i go to sleep without thinking about anything but it didnt work too!
i don't feel that im a normal person.. i just want to forget that year..and stop dreaming for ever i don't care if its a good dream or not i just want a single day without dreaming ..it affects my life,my relation ships with my parents.my cgrades in school and now in college..

pls help me its the first time to talk about this but im now really tired and cant handle it any more..it has been out of control..

thank you sooo much
iris
egypt
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:26 pm

User avatar Dear Iris:

What you describe sounds like a typical case of Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and it sounds like you have become depressed from having to deal with the stress of it. The best way to "get rid" of your problem is to go to therapy. Medications can be helpful, especially those that can help you sleep soundly. Unfortunately, it will be a difficult process. You might ask your doctor for a sedative, or traunquilizer for sleep. You should call your physician for help.

Best of luck to you.

|