News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Need doctor experienced with histrionic disorder

kkurten - Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:14 am

I believe my wife has Histrionic personality disorder as the description of this disorder is exactly "who" my is, to the "T". She denies any problems with her flirtatious, seductive and very inappropriate behavior, even after being confronted by many witnesses, she apologizes, says it just "who she is" and repeats the inappropriate behavior again in the near future (often involving alcohol and seductive behavior in front of our young children). I have been trying to micro-manage her and clean up after her embarrassing behavior messes to the point that she resentfully calls me "her dad" says she's no longer connected to me, and is now seeeking a divorce. She has always been this way since the age of 20, but after she had a breast enlargement and lipo suction procedure 4 years ago, her bad behavior went off the charts! Idont trust her with the kids and both sides of the family agree there is "something" wrong with her, and have demanded she get evaluated or I will seek custody of the children. We only have 1 shot at this evaluation, and need a referral to a psychiatrist who specializes in and has the knowledge and experience recognizing and dealing with histrionic disorder. CAN YOU HELP? PLEASE! Thank you.
 Tim W Latsko - Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Hello kkurten;

You can find a licensed psychiatrist, psychologist, or mental health professional by searching your state's licensing board. I believe that you will find solace in expressing and meeting with a licensed professional in your local area.

Good luck and be specific when interviewing potential providers for your spouse and let that person know of your purpose.

Take good care,

Tim
 SoTired76 - Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:30 am

Hi there, I am sorry you are going through such a tough time. There are also good legal sites where you can post questions sometimes online sort of like the way this site works. Also, you can do a search for pro bono legal help, or legal aid help too and maybe they could direct you in the right way. There are sometimes even free legal clinics offered. I hope things turn out in the best interest for you and your children and that somehow she can get the help she needs as well.
Good Luck

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here